Places to Visit & Activities on Your Holiday at South View Bed and Breakfast
Trying to find things to do in and around Devon is a simple task. Through out Devon you are spoilt for choice. Regardless of whether you are into walking, cycling, sailing, horse riding, fishing or just relaxing over a Devon cream tea, enjoying the stunning views and peaceful surroundings.
Below we’ve listed just a selection of things you can do in and around Exeter and Devon
Local events coming soon:
April 27-29th 2018 Tony Bucklands Garden Festival at Powderham castle near Dawlish
May 17,18, & 19th 2018 Devon County show at Westpoint
Aug 25th & 26th 2018 River cottage food fair at Axminster
- Exeter University approx 3-4 mls
- Haldon Forest Cycle trails, bikes for hire and high wire forest adventure course. (we provide secure bike storage)
- Many National Trust properties within easy reach
- Drogo castle on Dartmoor (undergoing restoration.)
- Killerton House and Gardens near Exeter also Knightshayes near Tiverton
- Coarse fishing, we have three lakes at South View Farm.
- Escot gardens various events throughout the year with birds of prey displays.
- Exeter Cathedral, the historic quayside, arts , crafts and network of beautiful gardens.
- RHS garden at Rosemoor and the botanical garden at Bicton in East Devon.
- Nature reserves, bird watching in the Exe estuary, Exminster marshes, Dawlish winter sitings of Avocets
- Dartmoor where “ War Horse “ was filmed and Exmoor National park “ Lorna Doone country “.
- South Devon steam railway and river cruise, take a Round Robin circular tour.
- For the more adventurous the ‘ Jurassic Coast ‘ and a trip to the’ Lost gardens of Heligan’ or ‘ Eden ‘ all within a day.
- Glorious safe sandy beaches at Exmouth, Dawlish,and Teignmouth all within easy reach.
- Walking or cycling on the National cycle network from Exeter quayside.
- Westpoint for Devon County show, art and craft exhibitions.
- Brixham a traditional fishing port and beautiful harbour with a unique character of its own.
- Exeter and Newton Abbot racecourse.
- Darts farm and Topshams antique centre.
- National Trust properties to explore
- Wonderful pubs and restaurants